The low cost and very compact form of computer Raspberry unveiled their successor pi 2 which powers an 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU, 1GB Ram ,support for up to four USB devices, HDMI support and micro SD port.
Microsoft has announced that it is developing a custom modified version of the Windows 10 operating system and that this will be released free of charge on Raspberry pi 2.
- A 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 BCM2836 CPU (up from a single-core 700Mhz part)
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM (up from 512MB)
- Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 .
- Identical form factor to the existing Raspberry Pi, which means it can fit into existing enclosures
- 10/100 Ethernet port
- 40-pin extended GPIO
- 4 x USB 2.0 ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD slot
- Micro USB power source
- Price: $35
The Raspberry Pi 2 is available to buy starting today online for $35 via element14 website.